2] our additions for readability in [brackets]3] glyphs or terms in (dark green);
4] doubtful words, contexts or lines slanted ;
5] all smooth-running lines in normal yellow font;
6] notes about text: end of page;
7] divisions within stanzas marked with -;
8] apparent continuing stanzas suffixed by a +.
9] when quoting directly from Budge,quoted text is in orange color .
p] [for] the West. he. the willpower [eden’s]. [as] the speech. [for] the divine khu-spirit. [of] existence. [by] place-T to give.;
o] [as] the lights for stability by the adamite-soul of Saturn (‘natron’, h’esmen+).,
which are. [by] the lights by place-T of the adamite-soul for speech of saturn-wick-H’ (‘carnelian’).,
which are. [by] the essence of place-T of willpower as the root of the sh-pool (eden’s,shpãt+). [of] the [an-] face (eden’s).;
n] he. to copulate (nek+). to become the word for the word-inside for existence to connect to speech (rethennu+).,
m] [in order by] (s)he. the below. goddess’ (h’emt). existence [eden’s]. [by] the torso. the word to come (out)., (note)
l] [as] the light of darkness (glyph). of [=by]. this (pn). land [eden’s].,
of [=by]. he. to copulate (nek). [with] existence [eden’s]. [for] he. the word of hail. [as] this (pn). mouth (eden gate).,
[as] he. the knowledge. all [of]. the by me owned adamite-soul. [for] the speech of hail.;
the divine existence root (pen). the divine (s)he the root (pef).,
of [=by]. to shoot seed (stht+). [and] me. phallus. to shoot seed (stht+).;
j] he. to be tied together [to]. (and) to shoot seed (stht+). [for this N].;
i] the (goddesses?). [for] me. [as] thou. existence. [by] existence.,
h] the (goddess?). [for] me. [as] thou. existence by existence.;
[by] (s)he. the (physical) torso. of [=for]. the sekhem-power. [of this N].;
f] the land. [and] the sky of earth. [as] the speech. [for?] me. the head.,
to become. e] [by] me. the mouth (eden gate). of [=for]. the seed (‘soma’, mtt). [as] the word of hail.;
d] [in order] to divinely judge [by this N].; (?)
c] [by?] Beb (Abaddon). of [=for]. me. the h’eNN-phallus,; (?)
b] [of?] the divine lion mouth (gate of Õn). of [=by?]. the m-b-soul-adam’s. double eye.;
a] [by] the cemetary below. of [=for]. the by me owned adamite-soul. [for] existence of hail.,
the double-light by to copulate with the root of hebrew-H for existence (matrix) (neHep+).;
- line p] willpower ,
the Ã+ stopline , not just -Ã
- line m] copulate and goddess ; line ,
you understand that the theme reminded straight away to that of Rg-veda page ; though there are several 'to copulate' as neHep [see a], the line-up suggest something physical ; neither we are aware of any 'goddess, below' , exept for the revelation-woman , but she has glyph ÁU UR , yet context would not use the 'copulating' , in relation to her ; remains only a description of the same event as in Rv page . 2) the -F , 'he' can also be 'she' , we saw many times , and is not an obstruction here ,
- line i] (goddess?)
similar as previous H'EMT , yet somewhat different ; because of theme we don't want to suggest anything which isn't there , and leave it open ,
atm we can't make much sense of it , even we do see that this part is transponded from the first part [as in 'fractal'] into the theme of copulation with the literal root ; and that the h'enn-phallus derives from NN 'cherubs (as poles)' , [perhaps the cherub-wheel went up along this phallus..?] we dont get the relation between the mentioned concepts ;
3) it suggests that the terms for 'seed' also differ , considered the transponding ; MTUT relates to the phallus MET , also often in spells - we'll need to study it more ,
# for revision
Rg Veda X 10 [worksheet]
- after posting the previous one , about the Maruts , we went 'at sight' through many of the very extensive books , containing hundreds of chapters ; most of them being about Agni [Thoth] , the Maruts , Indra and a few other deities ; here and there different themes , as "the stake for the prisoners" (adamite-originals) and also the part below with as title 'Yami' , which is Eve . And because a previous page was about 'Eve coming forth from the breach [she was kept in' , we died to know what 'Yami' would tell .
- However - these both chapters were written by a different author ; and we got lost in the tricky syntax of personal pronouns , that we were unable to complete it ; eventhough we saw for example a term for "high pole , with a ring attached to it" and considered the theme of 'the ring to build by blueprint' in Õn , and the same theme shown in the (upcoming) diagram of the Assyrian cherub-type Anu [and perhaps as the 'pillar of Mitra-Varuna' , below in line 6] ,, you understand how sorry we are that we aren't sure enough about the context , when we're missing too many connecting words .
o cit sakhāyaṃ sakhyā vavṛtyāṃ tiraḥ purū cidarṇavaṃjaghanvan | piturnapātamā dadhīta vedhā adhi kṣamiprataraṃ didhyānaḥ ||
1. FAIN would I win my friend to kindly friendship. So may the Sage, come through the air's wide ocean, Remembering the earth and days to follow, obtain a son, the issue of his father.
- cit 'perceive, observe, comprehend' RV (rootword)
- sakha 'friend, companion' RA ; sakhi 'friend, assistant, companion' RV ; sakhîya , as 'to attach oneself to be a friend ; seek the friendship of' RV ; (sakthi 'thigh', RV X86,16 , word used in Maruts chapter ; as in V) + âm 'me'
- vRt 'army, host, to turn round, revolve , dwell' RV , (vrtya 'be encompassed , likely) , + va + me
- tiraH , compound for r/as rasa 'essence, juice, marrow' RV , 'roar, yell, sound, taste' MH ; rasa 'semen virile' RH ,
- pur 'abundance, abundancy , fortress , castle' RV , puru 'much, many, abundant, every, often' RV , also as purû ; (far off, from afar) ,
- cidarṇavaṃjaghanvancid 'even,indeed' (to emphasize) RV ; cid-cid not applyable , + jaghana 'backside, pudenda' RV ; + (fish-J) ,arNa 'wave, flood, stream ; fig. tumult of battle' RV ; arNava 'agitated, restless ; foaming sea ; wave, flood ; ocean of air (as demon)' RV , read 'dimension realm' ; 'van' usually following previous word , but nonlisted ; then seperate as van- 'to love, desire, to aquire, to master, to posess' RV , vana 'forest, wood, etc' RV , no vanc- ; 'even my restless flood the backside to desire + '
- pitu (only) 'juice, drink nourishment, food' RV (no root) ; + napât 'descendent , offspring' RV + my
- dadhî 'sour coagulated milk' RV (dadha 'giving' RV)
- vedha-cluster, no RV but several RA and MH 'penetrate, pierce, excavate, piercer, depth, breach , perforation, etc' (breach pharez ? see Eve coming out of the breach ; page) ,
- adhi 'instead of' RV ; as 'over, from above, besides, after, for, on, at' , yet seperate here ; (adi ?)
- kSam 'be patient, keep quiet, kept quiet ; ground, earth' RV + i + prataram 'further, in the future' RV ; pratâra 'passing over, crossing' RA MH
- didh- is nothing ; dhyâ 'thinking, meditation' RV (call to mind, recollect) ; and di- is ?
- na , not here ?
- te your?
- sakha 'friend, companion' RA ; sakhi 'friend, assistant, companion' RV ; sakhîya , as 'to attach oneself to be a friend ; seek the friendship of' RV ; (sakthi 'thigh', RV X86,16)
- vaSTi 'eager, desirous' RV
- salakSman 'having the same characteristics, similar' RV ,
- yad (who which what whatever that)
- viṣurūpābhavāti viSu 'to press or squeeze out (the soma plant)' RV (viSNu) , viS/viSa 'to perform , work , serve, servant, etc' RV , + ??? rup ? ('earth' RV, rup) ; r, rûpa 'form, shape, figure' RV ; 'handsome , grace, beauty' RV ; +abha ? bhavat 'being, present' RV (rare in RV , is MH term) 'to work the existent form'
- mahas 'power, glory, might' RV ma- eden ,
- putra 'son, child' RV , from root put- , 'particular hell' , MH (quote : "put-tra , 'preserving from the hell called Put", Mn. ix -- so we weren't off in other page !)
- asura , demon ,
- only vîra , vîrâ is mult. ? , vîr 'divide, split, tear open, break to pieces' RV ; 'to display heroism , to be powerful' RV ; vîra 'child, son, male, or collective 'progeny' RV ; 'eminant man, hero, etc' RV ; for context in multiple we can say the 144, ; MH and RA say 'husband' (Adam) , 'name of asura' MH ; vîrahan 'slaying enemies' RA MH , from han-uman ;
- diva 'day' RV , 'heaven' MH ; div 'play, gamble, to cast (lots)' RV ;
- dhara 'bearing (the world) , posessing, having, supporting) MH RA ; (also dharâ) ; + urvî 'the wide one', earth, soil' RV (land south?) , (dual number - 'the two wide ones' , heaven and earth) urvî 'the 6 spaces' - 4 cardinal and up and down' RV (cube-H ?) ; urvya 'far, far off, to a distance' RV (because cube ?) ,
- pari 'fully, richly, abundantly' RV , 'about (a theme)', "outside of, exept, from, away from , out of , against , opposite to , in the direction of, to' RV ,
- khyan , not found - khyâ 'to proclaim, make known' MH , (khyâna , perception, knowledge, 1x) ;
- uśanâ 'with desire or haste, zealously' RV ,
- gha 'indeed, at least , surely' RV
- te = thee ?
- immortal RV
- tad 'the, in that case, at that time ; thus, in this manner (for that reason)' RV + kas ?
- cit 'perceive, observe, comprehend' RV (rootword) (or ca+t?)'and both, moreover, as well as' (RV)
- tyajas 'abandonment, difficulty, danger' RV 'to leave, abandon, quit , to expel' RV ,
- marta, martya 'mortal, man' RV + sya , 3d person ;
- ni = then or not ? 'down, back, into, within - as prefix'
- man 'think, believe, imagine, suppose, hope, wish, etc' RV , manas : soul ; mano is manas ;
- dhâyas 'the act of nourishing' RV , (dhâyu 'giving, liberal')
- janyu no RV ; janya 'peoples , friend of the bridegroom , belonging to people' RV , jan 'be born , class of peoples , also divine race' RV ; fish-cluster , + H (jani 'woman, wife' RV ?) pati/stanvamāviviśyāḥ
- pati 'ruler, sovereign, husband' RV ; + stan 'roar, thunder, reverberate' RV , stana 'female breast' RV , and vivâ 'blow, blow through, in every direction' RV , viv+śya+H , or viśy ? searching under 'consort' doesn't yield any RV , and RA has different terms ; = ? rather -viś (root) , viśya 'forming or belonging to a community' RV + mâvat 'like me' RV, so mâ is me ; 'the ruler-husband roar-the breast to come-enter
- yat 'going, moving, to join, place in order, etc' RV ,
- pur 'abundance, abundancy , fortress , castle' RV ; purâ 'of olden, formerly, before , hitherto , up to present time' RV ;
- no cakR , nor Rm , then kR- 'accomplish, etc' RV (extensive) , next kRmi , no kRm- ; then mâ is 'me' ? +ca 'and both, moreover, as well as' (RV)
- kad 'particle of interrogation' RV (?-) , or in other RV version 'be confused',
- dha (wealth, virtue ? no RV)
- nûnam 'certainly, indeed' RV ,
- Rta 'proper, right, honest, brave' RV ; 'truth in general, divine law' RV ,
- vadana 'mouth , face , countenance' MH ; 'front, point' RA ; (talking but no RV RA) , foremost ? anṛtaṃrapema
- anRta 'false' but no RV ; or typo and amRta 'immortal'? Rtam 'right, properly, duly' RV + rap 'talk, chatter, whisper' RV (no further)
- gandharva , either cherub or eden-masculine (or both) ; it is said 'Indra conquers him ' so eden's (in a previous page we though we had been Off in the setu-bridge pages)
- apsvapyā , aps- cluster as 'water', apsaras 'nymphs, as wives of the ghandharva's who can change shape at will , sounds like the 7 torches ; apsas 'the hidden part of the body , the secret charmes of a wife' RV (plexus) , and 'dwelling within the clouds, as region between heaven and earth' RV read - centre dimensions , same difference between 'seas' and 'eden-waters' ; we fail to see what construct here , aps + vap vap 'to prune, mow, cut' RV , 'bestow, sow , scatter (seed) ' RV ?
- ca 'and',
- yoSâ 'girl, maiden, young woman' RV ; context likely as "the feminine" ,
- sâ (said:tad) ; ?
- nābhiḥparamaṃ ; nâbhi 'navel-like cavity , centre of a wheel' RV , root nâbh 'opening , fissure, spring' RV (breach ?) , (nabh - 'to rent asunder, to burst , be torn' -- but whát was..?) ; + H + parama , 'most distant , remotest , extremest' RV (best or worst , superior or inferior, RA) ; (same as Paran in scripture ? wilderness of Paran , mountain of Paran , at Õn's place now , is plexus ) ,
- jâmi 'the relation of brother and sister' RV ,
- tan 'spread out, stretch out, offspring, continuation' RV
- nau 'we,us,our' 'vessel, boat' RV
- ghar redirects to ghR 'to sprinkle, wet moisten ; to burn' RV + bha ? (no ghR-bh)
- nau 'ship, boat, vessel ; we/us/our '
- jani 'woman , wife' RV see other cluster ; janita 'begotten' (but no RV) ,
- dampati 'the lord of the house (indra, ávins)' RV ; also dual number dampati 'the two masters , husband and wife' RV as 'dualism' ? or eden and matrix ?
- kardevāstvaṣṭā ; kar 'do, make, cause' RV + deva + as + tvaSTa ? not the same as tvaSTR ; 'to make divine creations' ; savitāviśvarūpaḥ
- viśva 'whole, entire, universal' RV + rûpa 'form, shape, figure, handsome, graceful' RV ; unlikely vis+ , but neither savi- ;
- nâka 'vault of heaven, fimament, (threefold-) sky' RV ; mytholic weapon of Arjuna MH ; aki- , nak-, kir-, no options ; then , irasya 'be envious to, show enmity to, be angry to' RV (image of jealousy Cain ?) , though imperfect , 'vault of heaven' + enmity = .....
- pra 'before, forward, in front' seperate ; as 'foreground or foremost' ?
- min- not found , typo as manana 'thoughtful, careful' RV ?
- (vratâni, vows) , vratanî 'obedient, or bearing the vrata-milk' RV , vrata 'will, command, ordinance, rule, service , realm , conduct, mode, etc' RV , religious vow- and practice ;
- veda 'sacred knowledge, knowledge of ritual' RV nāvasyapṛthivi
- (nâva 'shout of triumph' RV) , (vasyas 'more excellent and richer and wealthier then' RV) , avasya 'to seek favour or assistence' RV ; (+na?) , + pRthi , name of a man , in this book X ; context sound like an incarnated fallen angel ; pRthivî 'the wide land', ground, soul' RV ;
- uta 'and, also, even, or' RV , note where he put the 'even' ;
- dyauH said either dyu- or dâ , dâ 'a giver' RV , 'yield, impart, present, offer' RV (from many) ; likely not further back to da- , or why write dyau ;
- ko , oh-no! , 1x (ku, ka, kâ, etc) (as 'who' ? but 'who, which' was yad- ) ;
- from as- ;
- veda 'knowledge of rituals',
- prathamasyāhnaḥ ; prathama 'foremost, first (in time, series, rank etc)' RV , 'preceding, initial, chief, etc' RV , + (pratha , author of book X ; leaving only prathama +) ; sya+ahn ? can't find ---
- ka (same 'who'?)
- îm , 'now' ,
- there is a dadRśa+ (fellies of a wheel) as dRś , (giving) , one dRś as 'eye' RA (=wheel) ; or better 'the given wheel-eye' ; dRś 'see, behold, consider, appear, become visable' RV ; (perhaps dRśa as 'the appereance' or even 'the Sight' as glyph MAA) ;
- iha , 'now, this moment' RV , 'this place, here'
- pravac 'proclaim, announce, teach, impart, announce' RV , prava 'fluttering, hoovering' RV , (and cat 'to scare, to frighten away' ?) ;
- bRhan , root from elsewhere ; unclear cluster, bRh 'be thick, grow strong, increase' RV ; bRh 'to roar, to trumpet (said of elephant)' MH , great pillar ?
- mitra 'friend, companion, deity' RV ; varuNa , probably as the eden-silver (lightparticles to create their realm by) ,
- dhâma , only 'class of superhuman beings' MH ; said from dhâman 'house, abode ; as the sacred place of the fire (agni) and soma' RV ; colour of cluster is "the house (of saturn)" , the belonging to a certain charcter (only the term 'saturn' isnt the same here) ,
- kad (as kadu?) , particle of interogation (?-) 'confused' ? , see line 4 for kad- ;
- no brav- , no bra- (as the excuse-word 'wanton' ?) ; perhaps bRh , above ? āhanovīcyā
- âhan 'to strike, beat, assault' RV , + vici 'seduction, going or leading astray' RV ('particular hell, RA) ;
- nRn : probably typo ; nR as 'mankind, people' RV (no colour given) ; nRhan 'killing men' RV (han-uman) ,
- mâ ; me
- yamya 'being a twin, belonging to twins' RV , yamya+m , also possible as 'to intensify' , (where yam- is a range of verbs) ; but context will do on this one ;
- kâma 'wish, desire, longing, or object of desire, etc' RV ;
- âghan no result ; agh/aga 'evil, sin' RV; âgh nothing ; âghan nothing ; ghana 'hard, firm, dense, striker, killer' RV + a ? not-firm ?
- samâna 'same, identical, similar' RV , common, gneral RV,
- yoni 'womb, vulva ; abode, home, receptacle' RV
- sahasya 'strong' RV , sahasevin 'having intercourse with' MH ; sahaśeyya- equals sayyâ RV , as 'sleeping (together)' MH ;
- jâyâ 'wife' RV
- pat 'control, posess, rule' RV
- tan 'uninterrupted, continious' RV , 'offspring, propegation' RV + van 'with', tan 'extend, stretch, weave, continue, perform, protract, etc' RV ; (tvâM ? line 12)
- riricyāṃ (riricâna, see ric) ric , 'release, set free, to empty, evacuate, to be emptied' RV ,
- vi go ?
- cid 'even, indeed, also' RV
- vRh is a root but empty ; into bHr great-pillar cluster ?bRh 'be thick, grow strong, increase' RV ;
- rathya 'a chariot ; trappings for a chariot, etc' RV ; (body aura)
- cakra 'wheel' (eye) , 'circular weaopon of vishnu' RA, MH ; cherub wheel ;
- tiSThad into sthâ , sthâna 'continue in same state and condition' RA MH ; 'place, room (receptacle)' RV, and 'name of a ghandharva king' RA ;
- na (not?)
- ni (they ?)
- miS , 'open the eyes, wink' RV ; (+ant- , to bind ? antatî)
- the gods , or 'something divine' ? not located 'devânâm' when just 'gods' ; deva (plural) 'gods' RV ; divine, heavenly ; devana 'came of dice' RV X , as the casting lot by the dead-bodies ;
- spaś 'see, behold, perceive' RV , 'watcher, spy, said of messengers of Varuna)' RV ;
- iha 'in this place, to this place' ; 'now, at this time' RV ;
- vyuccar 'to transgress, go in different direction' MH ; ye+car , car 'wander' RV (as common)
- anya 'another, other, different' (me-go)
- madâ ány intoxicating drink, soma, etc' RV ; mada 'rapture, exitement' RV , + han 'strike, destroy' RV ;
- yâhi as ya+ahi ? (or yâ)
- tu+ya+m , tu 'pray!, I beg!, now, then, or' RV ; 'to have authority, be or make strong' RV ;
- tena 'therefore, for that reason' RV ;
- vi , go
- vRha as bRha pillar ; bRh 'be thick, grow strong, increase' RV ;
- rathya 'chariot' (body aura) +va ,go + wheel ,
- rãtri '(personified) darkness' RV ; + abhi + ras 'ḿarrow, essence, etc' RV ; rasa 'essence, marrow' RV ;
- ah+abhir + daśasata '1000' (source) ; as ten-hundred ; daś , ten ; making ahi + abhi+r+ 1000 ? ; (śasâ 'slaughtering' RV) ; 'towards, over, into, upon' abhi ; 'now, towards, 1000' ;
- cakṣur/muhur/unmimī/yāt ; cakS 'see, look, become visible, see, observe, notice' RV ; fróm akSa, 'eye' ; however cakSu is also listed 'eye' RV ; this as MAA- ? (yes) ; + r + muhu 'moment, suddenly' RV ; = twinkling+eye ? muhur 'a moment, a while' RV + ? , (unmis, 'open the eyes' MH ; unmi 1 x 'erect (a post)') (mim=nothing) , 'the eye of Sight ,
- div 'day ; to play game' RV ,
- pRthivi 'wide earth, ground' RV ,
- mithu 'falsely, wrongly' RV , yet mithuna 'a couple, a pair' RV , 'pair, couple, complementary part' MH ;
- sabandhu 'of the same race, kin, related' RV ,
- yamīryamasyabibhṛyādajāmi ; yamīr/yamasya/bibhṛyādajāmi ; perhaps yami (she) + r + yama (since a pair) + bibhrat 'bearing, carrying' RV + aja 'name of the first uncreated being' RV (aja, 'name of a people' RV ; 'name of indra, of rudra , of one of the maruts' RV ; ajakâva 'centipede or scorpion' RV , glyph SEPA- , the centipede ? ; considering the -j is 'fish-cluster' and a- is "not", and the entire page many 'goat' ,) 'yami-yama, carrying-bearing , first uncreated-being , '
- for ? -â
- tâ there ?
- ghagh ('laughing'- to ghaggh) ghaggh 'to laugh' RV ; unattara 7 entries , 'best' ? , ânu 'to sound, to roar, to twitter (as birds)' RV ; tara 'crossing, passage' RV ; tara 'name of a spell against evil spirits having certain weapons'RV ; place-T related ? 'to laugh , to sound , the crossing'
- ghana 'killer ; hard, firm, solid', + yu ? yuga 'yoke, team ; race (of mankind) ; (yugh = nothing) ; han is destroy , ' race of mankind / destroyed' ? (he has 'times' , from the yuga ; but that concept seems to be invented by the later purana's) ;
- yatra 'in order that' RV ; 'on which occasion , in which case, if, when, as' RV ;
- jâmajaH in every case said from ja- ; jama+ 'by to conceive' ? kṛṇavannajāmi
- kR 'accomplish' RV , no kRN; + nava 'new, fresh, modern' RV ; (as double-n N) ; but navan 'nine' RV , so 'fresh 9' ; + aja 'name of the first uncreated being' RV (aja, 'name of a people' RV ; 'name of indra, of rudra , of one of the maruts' RV
- upa : towards, near to , by the side, together with , under, down, to go near ', (no RV) and the 'with, together with, same time with, according to, thereto, further, moreover'RV ;
- bar- is nothing ; bRh 'be thick, grow strong, increase' RV + ba- ,
- vRSabha 'masculine, strong' RV ,
- bāhu/manyamichasva ; bâhu 'the front leg of an animal' RV , as KHEPESH-thigh ; 'fore-foot of animal' RV ; then + man (think, believe, imagine, etc) + ya + mich (rootword , from michatti 'to hurt, to hinder'? ) (+ asva 'having no property' MH) ;
- subhaghepatiṃ ; subhaga 'posessing good fortune, etc' RV (from su+bhag, top lampstand) ; + 'ruler, sovereign, husband' RV as pati- ;
- mat : happens more often when silent -a is skipped : mata 'thought, imagined, supposed, understood' RV ; mata 'desired, intended' MA RA ; (from nâmai ?) or from ma- ;
- kim 'what, how, whenceforth, why ? ' ; then 'how much more, how much less ?' RV ; 'how then ? but , however' RV ; 'somehat, a little' MH RA ; (from ka-) ; well make a pick ...
- bhrâtr 'brother' (as that word?) , comp. 'brother' ;
- yada = nothing ; yad + a + (nâtha, 'husband' MH ; 'seek aid, approach with prayers' MH or RV-edition) ?
- bhavat 'being, present' RV (into 'your worship- , ladyship) ,
- kim , as 1)
- svasâ : Calcutta edition renders svasR , as 'sister';
- nirRti 'calamity, evil, destruction'RV (name of a rudra MH) ; ? + same as line 12
- kâmam 'freely, willingly' RV , 'though, although' RV (+na tu)
- rap 'chatter, talk, whisper' RV
- tan 'to resound, roar' RV , 'extend, spread (out)' etc, RV , here tvâM ? line 14 ,
- me =
- sampîD 'to compress, press or squeeze together' MH + pR ? 'to rescue , mix , unite' + ?
- tan 'to resound, roar' RV , 'extend, spread (out)' etc, RV ,
- tan 'to resound, roar' RV , 'extend, spread (out)' etc, RV , here from tvâM , thee ?
- sam =
- papR not listed ; pRc 'nourishment, food' RV +
- pāpamāhuryaḥ/svasāraṃ ; pâpa 'bad, vicious, low'RV + (mâhu is nothing , then mine mâ ? ; neither hurya, urya )
- nighachāt , ghach, nigha, word can't be sister here ;
- anya 'another'
- pramud 'especially sensual delight' RV 'bewildered' MH ;
- as bhra or bhR , unclear, + te ; 'bhrâtra , brother' (no RV) , seems invented cause of presumed 'sister',
- bhaga , one of 7 , lampstand ; subhaga 'happy, fortune, etc' RV ,
- vaST 'eager, desirous'RV
na te sakhā sakhyaṃ vaṣṭyetat salakṣmā yad viṣurūpābhavāti | mahas putraso asurasya vīrā divo dhartāraurviyā pari khyan ||
2 Thy friend loves not the friendship which considers her who is near in kindred as stranger. Sons of the mighty Asura, the Heroes, supporters of the heavens, see far around them.
uśanti ghā te amṛtāsa etadekasya cit tyajasaṃ martyasya | ni te mano manasi dhāyyasme janyuḥ patistanvamāviviśyāḥ ||
3 Yea, this the Immortals seek of thee with longing, progeny of the sole existing mortal. Then let thy soul and mine be knit together, and as a loving husband take thy consort.
na yat purā cakṛmā kad dha nūnaṃ ṛtā vadanto anṛtaṃrapema | ghandharvo apsvapyā ca yoṣā sā no nābhiḥparamaṃ jāmi tan nau ||
4 Shall we do now what we ne’er did aforetime? we who spake righteously now talk impurely? Gandharva in the floods, the Dame of Waters-such is our bond, such our most lofty kinship.
gharbhe nu nau janitā dampatī kardevāstvaṣṭā savitāviśvarūpaḥ | nākirasya pra minanti vratāni veda nāvasyapṛthivi uta dyauḥ ||
5 Even in the womb God Tvaṣṭar, Vivifier, shaping all forms, Creator, made us consorts. None violates his holy ordinances: that we are his the heavens and earth acknowledge.
ko asya veda prathamasyāhnaḥ ka īṃ dadarśa ka iha pravocat | bṛhan mitrasya varuṇasya dhāma kadu brava āhanovīcyā nṝn ||
6 Who knows that earliest day whereof thou speakest? Who hatb beheld it? Who can here declare it? Great is the Law of Varuṇa and Mitra. What, wanton! wilt thou say to men to tempt them?
yamasya mā yamyaṃ kāma āghan samāne yonau sahaśeyyāya | jāyeva patye tanvaṃ riricyāṃ vi cid vṛheva rathyeva cakrā ||
7 I, Yami, am possessed by love of Yama, that I may rest on the same couch beside him. I as a wife would yield me to my husband. Like car-wheels let us speed to meet each other.
na tiṣṭhanti na ni miṣantyete devānāṃ spaśa iha yecaranti | anyena madāhano yāhi tuyaṃ tena vi vṛha rathyevacakrā ||
8 They stand not still, they never close their eyelids, those sentinels of Gods who wander round us. Not me-go quickly, wanton, with another, and hasten like a chariot wheel to meet him.
rātrībhirasmā ahabhirdaśasyet sūryasya cakṣurmuhurunmimīyāt | divā pṛthivyā mithunā sabandhū yamīryamasyabibhṛyādajāmi ||
9 May Sūrya's eye with days and nights endow him, and ever may his light spread out before him. In heaven and earth the kindred Pair commingle. On Yam! be the unbrotherly act of Yama.
ā ghā tā ghachānuttarā yughāni yatra jāmayaḥ kṛṇavannajāmi | upa barbṛhi vṛṣabhāya bāhumanyamichasva subhaghepatiṃ mat ||
10 Sure there will come succeeding times when brothers and sisters will do acts unmeet for kinsfolk. Not me, O fair one,—seek another husband, and make thine arm a pillow for thy consort.
kiṃ bhratāsad yadanāthaṃ bhavāti kimu svasā yan nirtirnighachat | kāmamūtā bahvetad rapāmi tanvā me tanvaṃ sampipṛghdhi ||
11 Is he a brother when no lord is left her? Is she a sister when Destruction cometh? Forced by my love these many words I utter. Come near, and hold me in thy close embraces.
na vā u te tanvā tanvaṃ saṃ papṛcyāṃ pāpamāhuryaḥsvasāraṃ nighachāt | anyena mat pramudaḥ kalpayasva na tebhrāta subhaghe vaṣṭyetat ||
12 I will not fold mine arms about thy body: they call it sin when one comes near his sister. Not me,—prepare thy pleasures with another: thy brother seeks not this from thee, O fair one.
bato batasi yama naiva te mano hṛdayaṃ cāvidāma | anyā kilatvāṃ kakṣyeva yuktaṃ pari ṣvajāte libujeva vṛkṣam ||
13 Alas! thou art indeed a weakling, Yama we find in thee no trace of heart or spirit. As round the tree the woodbine clings, another will cling albout thee girt as with a girdle.
- bata 'astonishment or regret, as alas!' RV , bata 'weakling' RV
- batas , bata 'astonishment or regret, as alas!' RV , bata 'weakling' RV
- yama , Adam ,
- naiva (looks naive) , iva 'so, just so , exactly, indeed' RV + 'not'
- man 'think, believe, imagine, etc' RV
- hRdaya 'the region of the heart (as feelings etc)' RV , 'heart or interior of the body' RV ; we cannot see from root hR whether this is the ÁB-torso or this physical heart ;
- ca+vid ; vidâ 'to distribute, grant' RA ; vid 'knowledge, understanding' RV + câ ; as ca (because connected is câ) , ca unclear what it is - 'and both, moreover, as well as' (RV)
- anya 'another' ?
- kila 'verily, etc' RV ; (not the kila- as suffix) ; or ki+else ?
- kakSyâ 'well fed' RV , 'girth (of animal), girdle, zone' RV , 'outer court' RA MH (quite literally as compared to Ezekiel temple) , kakSa 'lurking place' RV ; 'gate' (H-W) ; k+ akSa 'eye' ;
- yukta 'yoked , joined, fastened, attached, harnessed' RV , ćoncentrated, connected' RV ,
- para 'far, distant, beyond, other side' RV , pari 'against, opposite, towards' RV ; (round , no source) , pari 'fully, abundant' RV ;
- Sva- , typo ; the Sva- is no root ; 'svaj- neither ; svaje 'to embrace, clasp, wind or twist round' RV (ah, hence the embrace) , svaja 'self-born, of the own kind' RV ; sv+aja
- libujâ 'creeping plant, creeper' RV , as what ? ; lib nothing, to liv ? wick-H' ?
- vRkSa 'tree trunk, staff of a bow' RV ; staff of bow as PETCH ? vRkSadana 'chisel, adze' MH ; in spells is that splitting the tree as well - but how can be the bow inthere..? or are 'both split ends of the split-tree forming a bow-shape ? as the U-shape of the support THES- ? [see pic]
- anya , another ; the closest terms here for 'to embrace' are juy- and yâ'su , but to us , at sight , neither root is valid in first word ;
- para 'far, distant, beyond, other side' RV , pari 'against, opposite, towards' RV ; (round , no source) , pari 'fully, abundant' RV ;
- the Sva- is no root ; 'svaj- neither ; svaje 'to embrace, clasp, wind or twist round' RV (ah, hence the embrace) , svaja 'self-born, of the own kind' RV ; sv+aja
- libuje+vRkSam now ; 'wick-H as staff of the bow-dome' ,
- tasara '(weaving) shuttle' RV (amtuat VIII) ; no other, then ta-sya ;
- tvâM , tvâMkâna 'longing for thee' RV ; then 'thou' ,
- mana 'believe, etc'
- ichâ , seems no other option as a form of iha 'now, this time' , this place, here,
- ta+vad , vadha 'murder, strike, defeat' RV ; 'slayer, destroyer' RV ; 'act of killing , striking' RV ; the vâdh as nothing , vowelchange here ,
- kṛṇuṣvasaṃvidaṃ , kR 'accomplish' , unclear why Nu ; subhadrām ; subhadrâ 'myhical cow' MH ; subhadra 'very fortunate' RV , from bhadra 'blessed' and 'good' su- , but unclear why blessed ;
anyamū ṣu tvaṃ yamyanya u tvāṃ pari ṣvajāte libujevavṛkṣam | tasya vā tvaṃ mana ichā sa vā tavādhā kṛṇuṣvasaṃvidaṃ subhadrām ||
14 Embrace another, Yami; let another, even as the woodbine rings the tree, enfold thee. Win thou his heart and let him win thy fancy, and he shall form with thee a blest alliance